Tonight I’m blogging about another family fave, the fact that its quick and easy makes it one of my go-to recipes. This is such a versatile recipe that its easy to substitute all kinds of different ingredients and come up with different flavours. Typically I cook this in the oven, however in the warmer months – I use a disposable pan and cook on the top shelf of the barbecue as well. Today I used potatoes, but you can easily make this using rice as well. If making this with rice, simply assemble everything together in a skillet and cook until sausage and peppers are done then place 1 cup parboiled rice in the skillet, stirring for a minute and pour 2 cups chicken or veggie broth/stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Enough chatter – lets get to it!
Simple Sausage & Peppers
- 4 links spicy smoked sausage
- 2 small white potatoes – cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 green pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 4 green onions – diced (or red onion chopped into large pieces)
- Italian Salad Dressing (or what I use: 1 part EVOO, 1 part Balsamic Vinegar, 2 tsp Italian Seasoning whisked together or mixed)
- Cut sausage up into bite sized pieces.
- Cut peppers into large chunks.
- Add sausages, peppers, potatoes (we leave the skin on) & onions into a dutch oven or lasagna pan.
- Pour dressing over (use about 1/4 -1/2 cup).
- Mix, cover with tinfoil and bake at 400 for about an hour.
- Serve & enJOY.
As always don’t forget to like my blog and leave a comment – follow me on Twitter & Facebook or visit my business page at http://mealsfromjoyskitchen.com.