After hoping this chest cold was going away and being badgered by friends/family to go to the doctor, I finally did, only to find out that this “chest cold” is actually a lung infection and bronchitis. Armed with my virtual pharmacy of prescriptions given to be my doctor with instructions of bed rest, and liquids I headed home. I figured I would up the ante of feeling better with some good old fashion home made chicken noodle soup (gluten free of course). I added kale and spinach to it, well because I like the and I figure – hey the more antioxidants the better – right?
Chicken Noodle Soup with Kale and Spinach.
- 1 medium saucepan
- splash of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup (or whatever you have) cooked chicken chopped
- a handful kale – chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 handful of spinach chopped (about a cup )
- 1/2-3/4 c gluten free noodles (I used penne)
- 1 litre chicken broth/stock
- 1-2 tsp dried basil
- 4 shakes Ol’Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat on med high the sauce pan, once hot add EVOO. Once EVOO is heated garlic and saute for 30-45 sec, add onion, saute for a min or two, add chicken, add kale and spinach and stir every min for about 4 mins. Add noodles, stir. Add broth. Add basil and Old Bay, bring to a boil, then turn heat down and simmer for 11 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve. EnJoy,
Like this recipe? Let me know comment and like this post! Want more? Subscribe and follow me on Twitter and Instagram!