Today’s post brought to you by “Going crazy with 2 sick kids at home”.com, donations of wine in particular are accepted. Seriously though, its the time of the year here in Ontario, Canada that the leaves are changing and the weather is getting cooler. To our family this means, a yearning for a hot breakfast and a blanket to curl up and read a book with. Alice in Wonderland is great read and Toad in the Holes are my daughters favorite breakfast, put them together and you get …
Alice Fell Down the Toad in The Hole
- 1 piece of bread
- 1 egg
- margarine or butter
- Heat a small frying pan on medium-high heat. Melt a bit of butter into pan.
- Butter both sides of the bread.
- Use a small cookie cutter (we use one shaped like a heart or a star) and cut a hole in the bread.
- When pan is hot, place bread into bottom of pan, then crack egg into hole.
- Fry the stars as well.
- Flip over after about 3 minutes and fry for an additional 2 minutes (or to taste).
- Remove to plate and serve. EnJoy!
hint: also good, if instead of frying in butter, there is a little bacon or sausage grease in the bottom of the pan
Like this? Let me know! I love comments and likes!