Today I was making dinner for one, and didn’t feel like eating any meat. Luckily I had some portabella mushrooms in the fridge to the rescue.
Easy Balsamic Veggies
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TBSP EVOO
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 small portabella mushrooms – quartered
- 1/4 of a large sweet onion – chopped
- 1 red pepper cut into thick chunks
- 5 pieces Asparagus – trimmed and broken in 1/2 or 1/3
- 3TB – 1/4cup Balsamic Vinegar
In a pipping hot pan, add EVOO until hot, add garlic, add onions and caramelize onions for 10 min. Add peppers, and saute for a few min. Add mushrooms and mix, add a generous amount of salt, plus pepper to taste, mix, add 3TB balsamic vinegar, mix and cook down for 5min. Taste – adjust balsamic vinegar/salt/pepper to taste, turn heat to low, cover and allow to reduce and steam itself for 15 min.
Toss and serve with basmati rice. EnJoy.
Like this recipe? Let me know! Like this post & follow me on facebook and twitter.