What a yummy recipe! so yummy in fact that I had to reblog it to my own readership! EnJOY!
Interesting Food Facts about Chocolate Parfait
- Chocolate parfait is a frozen dessert made from ice cream and chocolate..
- It is often served in a tall, clear glass and topping creation with whipped cream and fruit.
- Chocolate was consumed by the ancient Aztecs as a frothy beverage, somewhat like hot chocolate we drink today.
- Chocolate comes from a plant, called Theobroma cacao, which translates “Food of the Gods”.
- Parfait is a French word that means perfect.
The fat, sugar, alcohol or air interferes with the formation of water crystals, which would otherwise give the ice cream an uncomfortable texture in the mouth.
The oldest recipe with the name parfait comes from a French cookbook dated 1869. It was a frozen coffee-flavoured French ice dessert constructed in parfait-shaped (tall and thin) ice cream moulds.
French style parfait is served on decorated plates instead of tall, thin glassware.
Today’s Food History
View original post 166 more words