This is a family favorite and its Gluten Free to boot! Feel free to add (left over) cooked broccoli or bell peppers or other veggies to make it your own. Super simple and delish – without all the processing that comes from canned soup!
Hashbrown, Ham & Cheese Casserole
- 1 Cup Ham (cooked)
- 1 Cup cubed cheese
- 1 cup GF Basic white sauce (see below)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- dash salt, pepper and cayenne
- 1/2 bag of hashbrown potatoes
- plus – left over veggies – cooked broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers or corn
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs
Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs in a bowl, pour into a greased casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs. Bake covered at 375 for 30 mins or until heated thru. EnJOY!
Basic White Sauce (GF)
- 2 TB butter (or margarine)
- 2 TB GF all purpose flour or rice flour
- 1- 2 cup milk (depending on how thick you want to make it)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
In a sauce pan over medium high heat, melt butter, add flour& dry mustard and stir continually, slowly add milk until desired thickness is obtained.